Monday, September 3, 2012

Bar's Loaded

"Bar’s Loaded" 

I chalk my hands and then stare down at the bar. My heart rate increases and I can feel the adrenaline running through my body. I hear a grunt, then a bar slam behind me as other lifters warm-up. My hands are shaking with excitement. I walk to the back of the platform. The air is cold on my arms, and it gives me a chill. I walk to the bar and place my right hand on it, fasten my hook-grip up and then do the same with my left. My hands are steadied by the barbell. I give a grunt. I look up and don’t see anything in the general direction that my eyes are looking.  I imagine myself pulling the bar off the floor and sweeping it back as I get to my heels. I visualize the extension of my second pull to my hips and pulling myself down while moving my feet slightly outwards. I go back to the reality of actually lifting. I pull that bar without anything to spare. Next thing I know, I am standing up with the bar over my head patiently waiting for the down signal. Everything went just as I visualized it right before the lift, even though I felt like I had no time to control anything. My adrenaline-filled body obeyed my mind. 

"Down"

"Good Lift"

My hands are shaking again, ready for the next lift.


No comments:

Post a Comment